Thursday, August 23, 2012

Chapter 19 ( Large and In Charge )

Hello!!!!! I wanted to update you all on how Dani Marie is doing. So much has happened since my last blog entry. We attended the NICU reunion, went for a check-up, and completely skipped a size in diapers. Whew............. This lady has been doing some growing!

We are also really starting to see her personality. There is nothing "little" about it. She already thinks she should be calling all the shots around here. She is laughing out loud! She started with just a tiny little "hee hee" a few weeks ago, but we have now progressed to a full-out chuckle. It is literally the sweetest thing I have ever heard.
She is still a fighter, that refuse to quit or be told no trait that helped her excel in the NICU........... Well....it didn't go anywhere. She now channels the inner fighter into staying awake. She isn't a big fan of going to sleep, so she gives it everything she has before she finally tuckers out. I can't complain though, once she goes down...she usually sleeps through the night. (knock on wood)

How am I? Well I'm learning. I guess that is what this parenthood thing is all about. I feel overwhelmed and confused sometimes, but overall I just feel happy. I still miss her every morning that I have to go to work, but it makes me value the time I have with her that much more.

She went for a check up the other day. She now weighs..................... 11 lbs. 13oz. !!!!! Right at 12lbs. That means she has gained 10 lbs. We love it! She is so chubby and cute!

Check this out.

She has a wardrobe that could rival any celebrity yet she prefers.....................


To rock a diaper!

Keep her in your prayers....We have a very important NICU follow-up appointment coming up on September 12th.
Love you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment