Saturday, May 19, 2012


Chapter 9 (Just Thankful….)

What a wild week this has been! I’m sure it has been for so many of you as well. Summer is so close we can smell it, school is winding down, graduations, etc. I wanted to start by giving everyone an update on our sweet girl. She is up to 3lbs 10.4 ounces! Wow, right? She is taking a bottle every other feeding and will hopefully be moving to an open crib soon! Moving to an open crib means she will get to wear clothes!!!!I know that may not seem huge to most people, but we are so looking forward to snuggling her up in a cute little onesie. I have to admit, I’m not the most girly girl (shocker right?) Pink has never really been my color, but there is something about these cute little pink and purple footed, soft, precious , tiny outfits that makes my heart skip a beat. We are hard at work on Project Nursery! I plan to post pictures within the next few days.

You got to check out the newest picture of her! Look closely, because…yes that is a double chin! We love it!!!

I love writing this blog, and the response to it has been so amazing! I really love getting to share Dani’s story, God’s faithfulness, and my thoughts. I’ve been feeling pretty excited about being able to put these events in words. The truth of the matter is, my husband actually probably has done a better job summing up the whole experience.

For those of you who know Daniel, you know he is a man of very few words. (unless you are talking about the latest golf match, the buck you bagged, or the football score) I do most of the talking for our family, but he did the most magnificent job of describing the past 5 weeks. It happened this week, we had to fill out a good bit of paper work as part of our adoption process. We each had questions and bios to do. I decided that I had better proof or at least glance over Daniel’s part. Most of his answers were pretty to the point and far from wordy.  I came to the last question on the third page.  It was short, but so on point. The question…..

12. How do you feel about your struggle with infertility now that you are adopting?

His answer: Thankful, just thankful. We had to go through it to get to Dani, so I’m so thankful .

I read it probably fifty times. That one short answer seemed to hit the nail right on the head. I knew I felt that way, but I didn’t know we could just simply answer such a complex question. I was fumbling for words to describe every detail of our entire journey, when really all that needed to be said is ……Thankful, just thankful!

So tonight, in the words of my wonderful husband, I’m just thankful. Thankful for everything and everyone who has helped us be who we are and where we are. Thankful for a growing girl, who was made for us! Thankful for everything.

Love you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment