Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Chapter 12 ( Nursery )

I am so sorry I haven't posted lately! Things have been wild, exciting, and just plain fun! I will start by updating you on ladybug. She now weighs......get ready..... 4 lbs and 5.7 oz. Can you believe that? She is growing so fast. She is up to taking 50 ml in her bottle every 4 hours. She sucks the bottle dry, and then looks around like, "Can I get a refill?" We laugh and laugh at our sweet, hungry girl.

She took her car seat test today. They strap her in tight and monitor her heart rate for 30 minutes. She passed the test with flying colors. Did we expect any less? She will be having a hearing screen done later tonight. This is all a big green light pointing toward the fact that...........We are getting ready to come home very soon!!!!


We were hoping it would be this week, but it looks more like maybe early next week! It should only be a matter of days now. Which is exciting and a little scary. We are spoiled to high-tech monitors and nurses who know what they are doing, the thought of taking her home with "just us".......Untrained, far from professionals.....Ok, that will make your stomach flip. I know we have plenty of people who will help us figure it all out. We will be fine...Right? We will be fine, We will be fine, ( I just repeat this to myself for motivational purposes.)

So, when we bought our house years ago right before we got married we fell in love with this little room on the right of the hallway. We knew it would make the perfect nursery. It had light brown walls and the cutest little white shelf running along the top of the room. We envisioned stuffed animals and children's books distributed all around the shelf. We have left the door shut to that room for years. I thought of painting it once or twice, I even tried to make it into a guest bedroom. Nothing seemed to fit. We would leave it empty, then we would decide to try to fill it up with other things, but nothing ever felt right. Sometimes I would just walk in and cry. I thought of taking a hammer to that cute, little white shelf more than a few times. It just seemed to be a reminder of what was missing from our home.....

We finally got the opportunity to do just the makeover that room needed! Thank goodness I kept the light brown walls and talked myself out of demolishing that little shelf. Turns out it does make the perfect nursery, we always knew that part, but what we never realized is, we weren't waiting for the nursery to complete our home, we needed Dani Marie to complete our family. A nursery? Well, that is just icing on the cake!

Enjoy the pics.........











1 comment:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog and have loved reading your story. We serve a mighty God. Praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete