Friday, June 22, 2012

Chapter 15 ( Daddy Day )

Chapter 15 (Daddy Day)

Wow, I'm so tired! Parenting takes a lot of patience, lack of sleep, and the ability to multi-task. I won't complain though, I LOVE every minute of it. I mean after all, when you wake up to this face at 1 a.m., how can you just go back to sleep?

She wants to play, so we play! The result, we wind up looking like this......

She finally falls asleep, and I am delirious and wide awake in the wee morning hours.
It is honestly so much fun though! She weighs 6 lbs. 6 oz. and she is now 10 weeks old.

We celebrated Father's Day this past Sunday. It was a really good day. Dani Marie and I created a photo book for Daniel. It documented the last several weeks with lots of pictures, ( maybe the Martin family should buy stock in the Wal-Mart photo department? ) and quotes about being a daddy.

We also fixed a little poem that read.....

My Daddy you were meant to be
You do the job just perfectly.
I'm tiny and small
You're big and you're tall.

I may never look like you,
but Mommy already thinks I do!
Our bond isn't flesh and bone,
but simply where our hearts belong!

Daniel loved it!

I realized how fortunate my daughter is to have a sweet daddy who loves her unconditionally. He is crazy in love with her. I think she is a little crazy about him too!

This father's day I loved on my daddy and Daniel a little extra. I celebrated how blessed I am to have them both in my life.

I also celebrated another relationship. I know Father's Day may leave some of you feeling a little empty, but we can all celebrate a relationship with our Heavenly Father.

This year my relationship with Christ has grown so much. I owe that in part to Dani Marie. She allowed me to realize that God is faithful and that He truly has a plan and purpose. The lyrics to a Hillsong praise song seemed to fit this past Sunday just perfectly for us.


You're the Father to the fatherless
The answer to my dreams
I see You crowned in righteousness
We cry glory to the King

Comforter to the lonely, the Lifter of my head
I see You veiled in majesty
We cry glory, glory, we cry glory to the King
We cry glory, glory, we cry glory to the King



This song reminds me what God is. He isn't just someone to cry out to when life doesn't go the way we think it should. He truly is the Father to the fatherless, and the answer to our dreams. I hope this year that Christ has done in your life something awesome and powerful the way he has worked in ours, if so then you know that God is the "Lifter of our head"
If this year has been a hard one, or if Father's Day leaves you feeling lost or lonely, then God for you can be "Comforter to the lonely"

That is the wonderful thing about our mighty King. He is exactly what we need, exactly when we need it.

I could go on and on, but I've got to have a nap! I can't wait for the next chapter that is already in the works. It is MY FAVORITE!!! I can't wait to share it with you!

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment