Wednesday, April 25, 2012


Chapter 4 ( Pray without Ceasing )

So, I have been a parent for the good part of 9 days now. It has been the most wonderful and frightening experience of my life, all at once. I have learned a very valuable lesson over the last few days. Pray without ceasing!
The past few days have been wonderfully scary! Does that make a bit of sense? Without getting into the details, I will just say that one of our neighbors in the NICU didn’t make it this week. My heart broke for that family! Can you imagine? The hospital we are in is fantastic, but I’m sure many of you are painfully aware that sometimes there is just nothing that can be done to save a loved one. This is the case in even the smallest of patients. This was a painful reminder that not for even one-minute can we stop praying for our daughter. We must constantly pray for God’s strength and healing hands to surround her.
I have become prone to overwhelming moments lately. As I sat in the hospital room holding my precious miracle, I had one of those moments. I held her and I cried for the family who had lost their baby, I cried for friends who have had children taken from them. I cried for friends who still have not been blessed with parenthood. I just cried. I realized that I had to constantly pray and pray without ceasing until we get out of the NICU. Then I realized once we get out of the NICU, I will need to pray and pray without ceasing until we finish all our follow-up appointments. Then I thought about how we would have to pray and pray without ceasing as we start school. Then before my mind flashed all the scary things kids are exposed to way too early and I realize I need to go ahead and start praying for my daughter to have a heart for Jesus at an early age. Then I even thought about the scary idea of her learning to drive one day! If you are from North Mississippi and you have been on the road lately you know how scary that thought is. Then I just realized that I would not be able to protect her from every thing I want to, but I can and forever will pray for her without ceasing. As a  parent, there is never a day or moment that you don’t need to go to the Lord and pray for his protection for your child. I decided that even though being a parent is scary, thank God I have my precious Lord who has shown he is on my side. As scary as all those thoughts were, imagine if I didn’t know who holds her future? So, now I know how I will raise her……on my knees. My God has shown me in a matter of days that there is nothing he can’t do, and what an overwhelming peace that gives me as a brand new mom.

I promised this blog would be a happy one…..I know that was just some deep stuff, so I want to leave you on a lighter note…..My tiny 2 pound lady does not like to lay on her tummy. In fact sometimes she down right refuses to do so. This is her doing a downward dog pilates maneuver in order to keep from laying on her belly.





Look at the strength in those little legs!!! Yes people, we have a fighter on our hands! More to come! Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment