Sunday, April 29, 2012

Chapter 5 ( Showers of Blessings )


Chapter 5 (Showers of Blessings )





These are a few pictures from my first baby shower! I have to pinch myself to make sure this is not all still some dream. “My baby shower” that phrase is music to my heart. Over the past few years I have attended many baby showers and even hosted a few. I have always tried to prevent my heart from ever getting bitter or jealous. For the most part, I did a fantastic job of really keeping those feelings of jealousy and emptiness away during our years of struggle to have a child. It is a very hard feeling to describe to someone who hasn’t longed for a child. When a friend or loved one shares the news that they are expecting it’s often bittersweet. You are so happy for the precious gift they have been given, but it is also a painful reminder of what you still don’t have.

Baby showers or even wedding showers can be a source of raw emotion for someone who is waiting on the Lord. Whether you are waiting for a husband, a child, or the Lord’s healing hand in some other way, I want to encourage you tonight. I have learned over the last several weeks that God’s timing is perfect. His blessings come right on time. His plan for our lives far surpasses any that we could come up with.

A month ago, I was broken hearted and discouraged because God wasn’t giving me what I wanted the way I wanted it or when I thought I had to have it. But this week I am celebrating His perfect plan. He gave me what I needed, the way he wanted me to have it, when I finally could trully appreciate the gift.

So this week as  I sat surrounded by sweet co-workers, family, and friends, I was reminded of an old hymn that I have not thought about in years.

The hymn is titled, “Showers of Blessings”

Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
If we let God have His way.

These words have never been more true. I’m so thankful for the “shower” this week, it was just another reminder that the road that led us to Dani Marie was the perfect path for our lives. God knew where he was leading me, even when I at times refused to follow. He was patient and faithful to bring us to our amazing little lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment